The Role of Dental Implants
Dental implants are surgically placed in the jawbone and mimic the roots of natural teeth. Some patients only need one implant to replace a single missing tooth, while others may need multiple implants to replace several consecutive missing teeth or an entire dental arch. Once the implant posts have fused with your jawbone during a process known as osseointegration, your dentist can attach a customized prosthesis for a natural-looking smile.
Dental implants are recognized as the very best solution to tooth loss. For patients who are healthy enough to undergo surgery and otherwise considered to be good candidates, the restorative treatment offers a variety of benefits. These include:
- More comfortable and secure fit: Since dental implants are embedded in the jawbone, your restoration will not slip out of place when you eat or speak. This also means you can avoid irritation to the gums and cheeks, as well as the need for dental adhesives and metal clasps.
- Durable and long-lasting restoration: Today's practitioners can use high-quality materials to design and fabricate dental crowns, bridges, and dentures, so you can enjoy long-lasting results.
- Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime, so you can feel confident in your improved dental function and youthful-looking appearance.
- Improved aesthetics: Implant-retained restorations are designed to mimic the translucency of your natural teeth for a beautiful, flawless smile.
- Preservation of the jawbone: As implant posts fuse to the jawbone and mimic tooth roots, they stimulate the nerves in the jaw and help prevent bone degeneration. This process can preserve the natural contours of the face and help you to avoid the telltales signs of tooth loss, including sunken cheeks and puckered lips.
Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime, so you can feel confident in your new and improved dental function and appearance.
Why Choose Oral Surgical Associates?
Highly trained surgeons, Drs. Morris and Gama can review your treatment options and tailor the procedure to your unique needs. At our practice, we offer comprehensive care, so we can ensure you received the highest quality service from start to finish. We take pride in creating an inviting and comfortable atmosphere, and treat our patients with the compassion and respect they deserve.
See the Difference for Yourself
If you are missing teeth, dental implants treatment can provide you with a long-term solution. The team at Oral Surgical Associates can assess the structure of your smile and evaluate your unique goals to determine if this treatment is right for you. To schedule a consultation, contact us online or call our office at (406) 728-6840.